Grant funded Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc. Executive Director’s position available. For details see www.healthnetinc.org Reply by March 15, 2019; EOE
The Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc., a non-profit healthcare planning and development organization, is seeking an executive director responsible for program planning, budgeting, grant writing and supervision of staff. Experience preferred in health and human service needs assessment, strategic planning, contract management, coalition development and knowledge of state and local rural health and human service delivery. Must possess good presentation, oral and written communication skills. Reports to a board of directors. Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in health or human services, management or related field and three to five years of experience preferred in health or human services, three to five years which must have involved program planning and implementation preferred; or a Master’s degree and at three to five years of relevant experience preferred. Position funded by year-to-year grant.
Immediate opening. Salary range $45-55K. Submit letter of interest, resume and three (3) professional references with daytime phone numbers to Kathy Fox, Board President Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to job description on the HealthNet Website: www.healthnetinc.org. For more information, call Kathy Fox at 315-867-1125 or email at email@example.com. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest for the position and a resume to the e-mail above below by Friday, March 15, 2019.
TITLE: Executive Director, Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc.
REPORTS TO: HCHN Board of Directors and supervised by the President of the Board
POSTION SUMMARY: The Executive Director of Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc. (HCHN) provides leadership and organizational strategic planning for the future structure of the organization consistent with the mission and operating principles of the 501 (c) (3) as set forth by the Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for agency and program planning, finance management, fund development, grant writing, supervising personnel, and overseeing the daily operations and activities of HCHN.
• Act as staff to the Board of Directors in the development of plans and policies to govern HCHN and achieve its goals.
• Serve as a liaison and maintain good relations with the Board of Directors.
• Increase and strengthen relationships with HCHN committees, community organizations, county, state, and other entities.
• Increase and strengthen cooperation through affiliations, coalitions and partnerships that enhance the provision of needed health and human services.
• Conduct ongoing needs assessment in conjunction with Herkimer County’s Risk Assessment Profile to evaluate the adequacy of the existing health and human service system and ensure HCHN initiatives are consistent with needs or trends as indicated by assessment of community data and consumer and provider input.
• Develop and prepare work plans and all necessary reports as required.
• Promote broad-based community awareness, acceptance of, and participation in HCHN goals and programs.
• Perform additional duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
AREA OF EXPERTISE:
• Ability to work with, and under the direction of a nonprofit Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of Rural Health Networks and needs consistent with rural communities.
• Experience with organizational strategic planning and restructuring.
• Ability to work with a variety of community, health, education and human services agencies
• Grant writing experience.
• Ability to use computer databases, spreadsheets, word processing and Internet.
• Knowledge of Herkimer County and its government and community organizations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with:
(A) A Master’s Degree in health or human services, management or a related field and three to five years of experience in health or human services program planning and implementation preferred;
(B) A Bachelor’s degree in health or human services, management or a related field and three to five years of experience in health or human services preferred, one year of which must have involved program planning and implementation.
Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
BENEFITS: Paid holidays (13), vacation and sick leave; health insurance and retirement options available.
Immediate opening. Salary range $45-55K. Submit letter of interest, resume and three (3) professional references with daytime phone numbers to Kathy Fox, Board President Herkimer County HealthNet, Inc. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to job description. For more information, call Kathy Fox at 315-867-1125 or email at email@example.com.